Here - Philippines
Virtually
Grande Island
Grande Island was formerly part of the harbour defense of Subic Bay, known as Fort Wint built by the U.S. Army between 1907 and 1920. The fort was named for Brigadier General T. J. Wint. Fort Wint was armed with fourteen Taft-Endicott period coast artillery pieces mounted in five batteries. Battery Warwick contained the fort's most powerful weaponry, two 10-inch M1895MI gun batteries Hall and Woodruff each mounted two 6-inch M1905 guns. Batteries Flake and Jewell were armed with 3-inch M1903 guns on pedestal mounts. As with other forts of the same period, the weaponry of Fort Wint was obsolete at the outbreak of hostilities with Japan in 1941, and the fort was ordered abandoned and played no part in the Japanese invasion. However it was heavily damaged during the retaking of the Philippines. Grande Island and the remains of Fort Wint were incorporated into the US Navy base U.S. Naval Base. The 6-inch guns of Battery Hall remain in place. Grand Island was developed into a luxury resort following the closure of the Base in 1992.
Putting the Philippines on the map since 1992!